Previous renovations were poorly planned and executed, resulting in an inefficient Kitchen and Eating area, a Living Room at the front of the house, a 'Salmon Pink' Bathroom, unattractive 'brick veneering' white windows with 'fake' glazing bars, a Bedroom opening directly off the Eating area and an outside Laundry 'tacked' onto the back of the house.
The brief from the new owners was simple. - Provide us with a new modern, efficient, Kitchen, a Family Room with direct access to the rear yard and a second Bathroom
Our design solution was totally different from anything they had envisaged, in that:
- we converted the front Living Room into the main Bedroom, with an En-suite entered through a door in the centre of the built-in Robe;
- the Dining Room was used to provide the space for the En-suite and a new Laundry;
- the existing Bathroom was totally refurbished,
- a new Kitchen and Family Room at the rear opened directly onto a large tiled Terrace, located under the new extended roof; and
- the Bedroom at the rear was demolished and a new Dining Room created, with a full wall of bi-fold doors providing direct access to a new tiled Courtyard.
The two front rooms were provided with bay windows and the entire house was 'bagged' and painted.
Visitors to the finished house, especially those who were familiar with the original layout, invariably describe it as 'stunning.'
The owners are delighted with their 'new house.'