No 2 Gardiner Street
Bondi Junction NSW 2022
Since 1982, Alger Associates has specialised in domestic/human scale design.
Alger Associates prides itself in its willingness to accept small commissions (alterations + additions, roof conversions) and to provide the high level of design, detail and service they deserve. This enables clients with modest budgets to experience the many benefits of working with an Architect.
Of course, new dwellings and large commissions are most welcome.
Our services can include any or all of the following:
- Preparation of drawings of an existing building;
- Preparation of an aesthetically appropriate 'design' solution, having regard to solar access, energy efficiency, ecological sustainability, the interaction between 'indoors' and 'outdoors,' the creation of interesting and engaging 'spaces.'
- Design development and preparation of necessary documentation for Development Application lodgement.
- Preparation of documentation for Construction Certificate application and lodgement with either the local Council or a private certifier;
- Calling and assessing tenders;
- Arranging the Contract between our client and the successful tenderer;
- Contract Administration, including:
- Periodic examination of the Works to monitor compliance with the documents and the quality of workmanship and materials.
- Responding to all correspondence and queries from the Contractor;
- The processing of Contractor's claims, including claims for Progress Payments.
On behalf of our clients, we can arrange for the services of Structural, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Hydraulics Engineers, as and when required.
From our experience over many years, it is clear that;
- The role of an Architect, and the services that can be provided, is not well understood.
- The problems that can arise during the 'building' process where no Architect was involved are regularly highlighted on television.
- People look on the fees charged by an Architect as 'an additional cost' that they 'cannot afford.' We explain to our clients that these fees should be considered part of the total cost, and set their budget accordingly.
In addition to providing a design that meets or exceeds our clients' expectations in terms of their brief to us; it is our aim, at all times, to make the entire 'building' process stress and worry-free for our clients.
Our many clients will attest to the benefits from having engaged our services.
Please explore the selection of past and present projects and contact us if you would like to discuss your project.
The Principal, Malcolm Alger (B.Arch RAIAUNSW, Chartered Architect - NSW Registration No 2550), has over 35 years experience.
- In addition to the domestic-scale Architecture projects undertaken by Alger Associates, Malcolm Alger has been involved, as Consulting Site Architect, on many large projects, including:
- The new Australia Post Office building at Redfern;
- The new RAS Showgrounds Dome and Exhibition Halls at Homebush;
- The Olympic Stadium and adjoining Precincts, at Homebush, during construction as well as in the lead-up, during and after the 2000 Olympic and Paralympic Games;
- The 19 Olympic Boulevard Light Towers (including the solar energy collection system and the memorial to the Israelis killed during the Munich Olympic Games), and most recently;
- The Westfield development at Bondi Junction.